Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gene Kennedy - 1964

As a former player for Les Eathorne and an East High Knight, I learned many valuable lessons that I would incorporate in my future business endeavors. We learned the true benefit of “team work’ that translates into success not only on the basketball floor, but also in running a company of 85 employees with a net worth of over 10 million dollars. In addition, I developed a strong sense of self that comes from hard work and knowing that you would be rewarded for your efforts, which even went as far back as making the freshman team. I remember to this day, running (never walked anywhere did we) on to the floor before each game, and the realization that we had become part of a storied program with a great amount of pride and personal satisfaction, that I felt each and every time. I was able to continue with basketball at Linfield College where I graduated in 1968. Then I was able to play point guard with a team in Germany that won its division two years in a row. The self confidence and work ethic I gained as East High Knight has carried over in being a business leader which enabled me to be the youngest Bremerton area chamber of commerce president and a CEO of a local title company that has a reputation for customer service and has given back to this community.

Gene Kennedy

No comments: