Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Larry Sampson - 1966

I have always been thankful for the opportunity given me to be a part of East High basketball. We had a fantastic group of wonderful kids/players with which to work. We worked hard, had a lot of fun and can be proud of our efforts. It probably took me longer than anyone else to graduate from East--9 years.

Thanks to Les Eathorne for hiring me to coach the JV's. He made me feel welcome, accepted and important from day one. I learned a great deal from him on how to run a first class program and how to motivate and treat people. Les is East High Basketball and has been a great influence on many peoples lives. East players are fortunate to have had the experience of playing for him.

Thanks for making the effort to put his document together. The book will be appreciated by many.

Larry Sampson
EHS JV Coach 1957 to 1966
OC Coach 1966 to 1975

No comments: